The updates offered here are for manually updating currently-supported versions of Quicken to their latest release. For example, let's say you're using Quicken for Windows 2013 and you check your current release by selecting the Help menu in the software and choose About Quicken. You notice it says R4. Well, the latest release is R12. So you'll want to download this update, which include fixes and minor efficiency updates.
If you use online services in Quicken, you can get the updates online directly within Quicken.
- In Windows: Select the Tools menu then choose One Step Update...
- In OS X (Mac): Select the Quicken menu then Check for Updates...
Now, as we know it, and you know it even better... These are your all important Accounting Files and you would not want to risk by messing up with them. We at QuickBooks Support not only value your Accounting, but we are more intent to offer you Dedicated Support. For further dedicated Support of our Certified Pro Advisors, call our Toll Free number: +1855-247-0709 (Toll-Free) or reach us at Live Chat...
Quicken 2013 for Windows Release Notes, Updates, and Mondo Patch
P.S : Important! We advise you to only perform the steps manually yourself, if you don't have an expert around. In such case, you may also ask our PRO-ADVISORS to help you, TOLL FREE: +1855-247-0709 (Toll-Free).
This article shows you how to update your Quicken 2013 for Windows to the latest release and lists changes/fixes to the program.
When you open Quicken, it checks to see if you are on the latest release. If a new release is available, it asks if you would like to update. This is referred called an automatic update and is the most common way to update your Quicken software. A manual update allows you to download and install the update yourself. Manually updating your Quicken software may be necessary when troubleshooting program or internet connection issues.
Do I need to do anything before I update?
- Are you on the latest already? Select the Help menu at the top, then choose About Quicken. If you see Release R12 below the Quicken logo, your program is already up to date.
- Can Quicken access the internet? This does not happen often. If you have firewall software installed on your computer, it may block Quicken for accessing the web. QW.exe or Quicken Launcher needs full and unrestricted access to the Internet. Contact your firewall software provider if you need help.
- Virus scanning and Malware protection software may interfer with the Quicken update. Temporarily disable this software if you incur connection problems while updating.
- Select Tools on the menu bar, then choose One Step Update.
- Click Update Now.
- If an update to Quicken is accessible, it will indicate a free update is available to select.
- If your last online session was not completed, you'll see a message to complete the last session first.
- Quicken displays a window that describes what's in the update, as well as brief instructions for downloading the update.
- You'll need to exit Quicken to run the update program, once it is downloaded.
- Don't worry. When you exit, all your work is saved, and you can resume working as soon as the update finishes.
- Do you have a mobile app you need to update?
- Find and tap on the App Store icon.
- Tap the Updates icon in the bottom right corner of the screen. If there are updates available, the number of updates available show up in red.
- If there is a Quicken app update, it will show up here. If it shows up, tap the app once to update.
- Enter your password and wait for your apps to update.
- Find and open the Android Marketplace on your home screen or in your app drawer.
- Once it loads, tap the menu button on your device and choose the My Apps option.
- A list of your apps opens. If there is a Quicken app update available you'll see red/orange text that says Update to the right of the name. Tap and hold down the app you want to update and then choose Update.
- You'll be able to check for new versions of the Quicken app by selecting the My Apps section in Google Play. If there is an update available, it will be indicated here.
Alternate Manual Update
If you don't download financial updates from your bank or use Billpay, you can go right to downloading the manual update.
- To download the manual update, click here.
- Choose to Save the file, then browse to your desktop and save it there.
- From your desktop, double-click the newly downloaded file QW2013R12Patch (unless you're using Windows Vista, in which case you will need to right-click the file and choose Run as Administrator).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the update.
- When finished, follow the instructions at the top of this article to ensure that Quicken has been updated to Release R12.
Alternate Mondo Patch
We call it the "Mondo" Patch because mondo is another way of saying large or bulky. The Mondo Patch is like a regular update, except when it updates the Quicken files, it updates all of them (if there are updates to the files or not!), rather than relying on the system to update the files that had a version change. If one or more of your Quicken system files gets deleted or is missing, this is the way to patch your program. Remember, because of its size, this update can take a little longer to install.
Download the Mondo Patch.
- Release 12 Notes
Mobile and Alerts
- FIXED. Resolved an issue that caused some transactions to duplicate when syncing from Quicken Mobile.
- FIXED. Resolved an issue where Renaming Rule was not being updated on Quicken Cloud.
- Release 11 Notes
Mobile and Alerts
- Fixed. Resolved an issue that caused the program to crash when syncing data to the Quicken Cloud.
- Fixed. Resolved a defect where account names were changed to [Unspecified account] when syncing data to the Quicken Cloud.
- Fixed. Resolved an issue that caused some accounts to change position on the Account Bar when syncing data to the Quicken Cloud.
- Fixed. Resolved an issue where uncategorized transactions were not included in budget reports.
- Fixed. Resolved a defect where categories did not appear under custom category groups in budget reports.
- Fixed. Resolved an issue where transaction memos were not considered in payee renaming rules.
- Fixed. Resolved a defect where Quicken incorrectly suggested that you ignore an account found during account setup when the account number was the same as another account number.
- Fixed. Resolved an issue where the principal and interest amounts for some loans did not display on the Property & Debt tab.
- FIXED. Resolved an issue where Quicken incorrectly prompted you to enter the routing number for a credit card account.
- Updated. Tax rates were updated to reflect the latest published IRS tax rates for 2013.
- Updated. Quicken 2013 now imports TurboTax 2012 data for use in the Quicken Tax Planner.
- Release 10 Notes
- FIXED. Resolved an issue where some old transactions were appearing as unaccepted.
- Release 9 Notes
Mobile and Alerts
- FIXED. Resolved a number of instances where trying to add an account to the Quicken Cloud produced an error.
- FIXED. Resolved a defect where split transactions were being changed to [Unspecified Account] after syncing with the Quicken Cloud.
- FIXED. Resolved the connection error "org.hibernate.NonUniqueResultExpectionwhen" when syncing with the Quicken Cloud.
- FIXED. When you exit the program, Quicken now reminds you to sync with the Quicken Cloud if your data was changed.
- FIXED. Resolved issue where the ending balance was not always the same on the mobile as in Quicken.
- FIXED. Resolved an issue where interest did not display in the pop up graph for special budged items.
- FIXED. You can now budget Savings Goal withdrawals.
- FIXED. Resolved a defect where paycheck split items were being double counted in budgets.
- FIXED. Resolved an issue where Everything Else appeared in a budget when all categories were budgeted.
- FIXED. Resolved a defect where the expanded and collapsed state of a budget was not maintained. .
- FIXED. Resolved issue where net paychecks were not showing the correct amount when deposited into multiple accounts
- FIXED. Resolved an issue where the Loan Details window was not updated when a loan was paid off.
- FIXED. Resolved a defect where the loan register for manual loans was not displayed when resizing the window.
- FIXED. Resolved a defect where the Loan Details window showed a loan as being paid off based on a future payment.
- FIXED. Resolved a defect where Interest Paid did not display correctly on the Debt snapshot.
- FIXED. Resolved an issue where Quicken incorrectly prompted you to enter the routing number for a credit card account
- FIXED. Resolved a defect where renaming rules were not updating payees for transactions downloaded to investment accounts.
Reports and Graphs
- FIXED. Resolved a defect where the Category Group option was missing from the Organization drop down in the Customize Budget Report dialog.
- FIXED. Resolved an issue where transfers did not appear in budget reports when only one half of the transfer was budgeted.
- FIXED. Resolved defect where Savings Goals incorrectly appeared as Tax Deductible Mileage in budget reports.
- FIXED. Resolved a defect where fiscal year settings were not being used correctly in budget reports.
- FIXED. Resolved a defect where deleted budgets were not removed from the Budget snapshot.
- FIXED. Quicken no longer prompts to reload your data you when it remains running past midnight. Instead, it simply updates the date and executes any Scheduled Reminders that are set to Auto-Enter. Note that Quicken will not automatically execute Scheduled One Step Updates when it is running
- Release 8 Notes
Mobile and Alerts
- FIXED. We resolved an issue where duplicate transactions appeared after syncing and updating your banking transactions.
- FIXED. We corrected a display issue where alerts appeared clipped in some display resolutions.
- FIXED. We fixed an issue where transaction payees and categories were changed after syncing.
- FIXED. We fixed an issue where the budget selected to sync did not always display correctly.
- Release 7 Notes
Mobile and Alerts
- FIXED. We resolved an issue where duplicate transactions were created after syncing with the Quicken Cloud.
- FIXED. We resolved an issue where an email address with a period (.) separator in the name was not being accepted when creating a Quicken Cloud ID.
- FIXED. We resolved some issues where split transactions appeared incorrectly after syncing with the Quicken Cloud.
- FIXED. We resolved an issue where transactions were duplicated after receiving an error when syncing with the Quicken Cloud.
- FIXED. We resolved an issue where in some instances accounts with only manually entered transactions did not have correct balance after syncing to Quicken Mobile.
- FIXED. We resolved an issue where saved Capital Gains reports crashed when opened.
- Release 6 Notes
Mobile and Alerts
- FIXED. We resolved an issue where Quicken incorrectly prompted you to enter a valid password between 6 and 16 characters.
- FIXED. We resolved an issue where transactions were deleted in Quicken after syncing to the Quicken Cloud.
- FIXED. We resolved an issue where manual transactions entered in the Quicken mobile app were never updated from Pending status.
- FIXED. We resolved an issue where splits were duplicated in Quicken.
- FIXED. We resolved an issue where Quicken showed "getModifiedTransactions: Unable to read data from the transport connection. An existing connection was forcibly closed by remote host." error when syncing to the Quicken Cloud.
- FIXED. We resolved an issue where some users could not update the phone number to use for text message (SMS) alerts.
- FIXED. We resolved an issue where some manual transactions were not sent to the Quicken Cloud.
- FIXED. We resolved an issue where the "Remove this category" command didn't remove a category in Graph View.
- FIXED. We resolved an issue where transactions were not displayed for a budget goal.
- FIXED. We resolved an issue where budgeted items were not subtracted from a paycheck.
- FIXED. We resolved an issue where right-clicking in Graph View did not allow you to add categories.
- FIXED. We resolved an issue that prevented Quicken from printing your budget.
- FIXED: Resolved a defect that prevented Quicken from printing your budget.
- IMPROVED. We resolved a number of performance issues when creating budget reports.
- FIXED. We resolved an issue where the Payment Details tab was incorrectly removed from the Loan window.
- IMPROVED. We added the ability to create lending loans. To create a lending loan just add an asset account for the loan balance, then open the asset account register, click the "gear" icon, and choose "Convert to a Lending Loan".
- FIXED. We resolved an issue where loan details were not displayed for an online loan.
- IMPROVED. You can now hide a loan from the Display Options tab in the Account Details dialog.
- FIXED. We resolved an issue where loan details were not displayed when the interest rate was zero.
- FIXED. We resolved an issue where the loan account balance was not displayed in the Online Center.
- FIXED. We resolved an issue where reviewing loan details would update the amortization schedule for a loan.
- FIXED. We resolved a number of issues in the Payment Details window when a loan was paid off.
- FIXED. We resolved an issue where Revert to Payee did not work in Compare to Register mode.
- FIXED. We resolved an issue where Quicken did not create a renaming rule when the payee name was part of a rule for an existing payee.
- FIXED. We resolved an issue where a blank payee renaming rule dialog was displayed when accepting transactions in Compare to Register mode.
- IMPROVED. We simplified the process of creating, editing, and deleting payee renaming rules.
- IMPROVED. We simplified the process of adding a new password to the Password Vault.
- FIXED. We resolved an issue where adding a tag to a transfer transaction removed the 'c' (cleared status) from the Reconcile column in the account where the money was transferred to.
- FIXED. We resolved an issue where the minimum or maximum account balance was not saved when editing the amount.
- FIXED. We resolved an issue where a blank price was entered into the Price History list for a security.
- FIXED. We resolved an issue where a stock-for-stock acquisition calculated an incorrect cost basis for securities with an average cost.
- Release 5 Notes
Mobile and Alerts
- Fixed: Resolved a defect where split transactions would show as uncleared on a mobile device after syncing.
- Fixed: Resolved a defect where Quicken would not complete a sync.
- Fixed: Resolved a defect where transaction entry was slow while Quicken updated the Budget snapshot on the Home tab.
- Fixed: Resolved a defect where in some situations Quicken Billpay would not connect to the server to transmit a request.
- Release 4 Notes
Mobile and Alerts
- Fixed. Resolved a defect where in some cases Quicken incorrectly deleted one side of a transfer transaction after syncing data to the cloud.
- Fixed. Resolved a defect where Quicken froze when syncing data to the cloud.
- Fixed: Resolved a defect where under certain circumstances Quicken duplicated paycheck split lines.
- Release 3 Notes
Mobile and Alerts
- Improved. Quicken for mobile now provides status on what data is being synced to the cloud during the update process.
- Fixed. Resolved a defect where Quicken inappropriately displayed the message "Cannot connect to your financial institution. Try again in few days." when trying to set up Quicken for mobile.
- Improved. Changed the Quicken for mobile default to "No budget selected" to show on your phone or tablet. You can change this setting later by clicking the [change] link in the budget area of the "Mobile & Alerts" tab.
- Release 2 Notes
- FIXED. Resolved a defect where Compare to Register did not allow a downloaded transaction to match with more than one manual transaction in the register.
- FIXED. Resolved a defect where an incorrect number of "Outstanding Txns to Compare" was displayed in the Account Status area of the Account Overview.
- FIXED. Resolved a defect where the Renaming Rules dialog displayed without data when renaming a payee.
- IMPROVED. Simplified the process of changing a payee name in the Renaming Rules dialog.
Mobile and Alerts
- FIXED. Resolved a defect where a credit card account with a "Liability" intent was changed to a "Credit" intent after syncing.
- FIXED. Resolved an issue where Quicken incorrectly removed a split transaction created on your mobile device.
- FIXED. Resolved an issue where the account balance displayed in your Quicken desktop software was inconsistent with the account balance displayed on your mobile device.
- FIXED. Resolved a defect where the Quicken desktop software incorrectly prompted you to create a renaming rule for a transaction that was synced from a mobile device.
- FIXED. Resolved a defect where Quicken continued to send alerts after unsubscribing from an alert.
- IMPROVED. Simplified the forgotten password and change user name process.
- FIXED. Resolved a defect where the principal and interest was incorrectly calculated for a manual loan.
- IMPROVED. Improved the Payoff Graph legend for a loan account.
- IMPROVED. The One Step Update Summary now notifies you when Quicken detects that the interest rate your financial institution is charging is different than the interest rate you have entered in Quicken.
- FIXED. Resolved a defect where the "Show hidden categories" checkbox in the budget category selector was not being displayed properly.
- FIXED. Resolved an issue where the budget rollover settings were not being saved correctly between budget years.
- FIXED. Resolved a problem where budget reports displayed inconsistent amounts based on the time interval selected.
- FIXED. Resolved a defect in budgets where the transaction history pop-up displayed transactions unrelated to the currently selected budget category.
- IMPROVED. The budget transaction history pop-up now includes bill and income reminders for the current month not yet entered into the register.
- FIXED. Resolved an issue where Quicken truncated category names in the Category pop-up report.
Reports and Graphs
- FIXED. Resolved an issue where transactions did not appear in a saved report after upgrading to Quicken 2013.
- FIXED. Resolved a defect where Quicken incorrectly included deselected accounts in Portfolio View after upgrading to Quicken 2013.
- FIXED. Resolved a defect where Quicken would sometimes display an error message when trying to restore a backup file.
What if this didn't help me?
If you're getting an error message, search our suport site for the error you're getting. Chances are, you'll find an article that will help resolve you're issue.
Options are endless with Your Quicken / Quickbooks Products, and same goes with our Support for your Quickbooks / Quicken Products
Call us Toll Free, and let our Certified Pro Advisors ensure you get Your Updates in place
Quicken Essentials for Mac crashes when printing with HP Printer
Solution below is created by our Experts, but we still advise you to prevent your Data Files Damage rather not do it manually yourself.
Call our Experts: +1855-247-0709 (Toll-Free).
After installing "HP Printer Drivers v.2.13 for OS X, on OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard), Quicken Essentials may crash while printing or saving to PDF with HP printers.
To resolve this issue, please use the following steps:
- 1. Open Finder from the Dock.2. Click on the Applications folder on the left.3. Right-Click or Control + Click on the icon for Quicken Essentials.app. (the .app at the end may be hidden. The name, however, should have the Quicken logo next to it.4. Choose Get Info (Command + I).5. Check the option that says Open in 32-bit mode.
How do I unlock my edition of Quicken?
I reinstalled Quicken, but it's my original version. How do I unlock additional features in Quicken again?
If you purchased an unlock to unlock additional features in Quicken to a higher tier (for example, Quicken Deluxe 2011 to Quicken Premier 2011), you can unlock Quicken again without being charged.
- Click the Help menu and select Unlock Again.
- Select Go Online and click Continue or Next.
- Enter your Intuit ID and password.
- In the My Unlocks section of the My Account page, locate your order.
- Click View Details to see your unlock code.
- Select the Quicken Help menu and select Unlock Again.
- Select Enter Code and enter the unlock code.
- Click Continue or Next and follow the on-screen prompts.
How do I download Quicken from Quicken.com after I buy it?
If you purchased Quicken from quicken.com and need to download it
- Sign in to your account. If you can't remember your sign-in info, we'll help you out.
- Once you've signed in, click Downloads & Unlocks on the left side of the screen.
- Click Download next to the product you want to download.
- If you're not able to access your account, or if you purchased a physical CD from a retailer (like Costco or Office Max, for example), you can order a replacement CD for Quicken by contacting Our Customer Support, via Ticket Support, Live Chat, or rather just call us at: +1855-247-0709 (Toll-Free).